If you are just getting started with football betting then you are likely on the lookout for some beginners tips to help you get started.
Football betting is one of those exciting hobbies that can quickly turn into a profitable little side project if you do things correctly and don’t get greedy.
I have put together a list of the top 5 things that will make you a better football punter in my football betting tips for beginners guide:
- Don’t be greedy: It happens to us all at some point. We have a little run of wins and we start to feel invincible, so you add an extra couple of teams to your bet to push the odds out, or increase your stakes to try and win more.. This is when you will start to lose money.
- Stick to singles, doubles or trebles: As soon as you start to build accumulators of 4, 5, 6 teams your chances of winning drop rapidly. The top punters rarely place bets that are larger than a treble and most place high stake singles to allow them to maintain a higher strike rate.
- Pick your battles: Don’t go betting on every game available to you.. Pick out a few games where you have a good feeling about a bet rather than looking for a bet in every game. When you try and force a bet in a game it rarely pays off.
- Stick to what you know: It seems incredibly common now for punters to start betting on games from all over the world, including some fairly obscure leagues.. You will find that you have a much higher strike rate if you stick to leagues and teams that you have some knowledge of and don’t bet based on stats you have read online or from the in-play stats on bookmaker websites as there can be misleading.
- Have fun: At the end of the day, football betting is and should be a lot of fun. Don’t take it seriously and never bet more than you can afford!